A Date to Remember

, , No Comments


September 17, 2010


I consider it the hardest but the most rewarding experience of my life. Giving birth and caring for my own child.


I used to think that I will stay single forever and being a mom is the least that I can be. It’s not that I don’t like children. In fact, I used to take care of my nieces and nephews. I also went to Singapore to help my uncle and aunt take care of their daughter. I even thought looking after other people’s children (relatives or not) will be my fate.


Now I know that it is just a preparation for me as a mother. I married late. It took almost 2 years before I got pregnant. When the day I knew that I have a baby inside of me, there were mixed emotions that lingered in my heart. I don’t know if I’m happy or not; worried or excited; shocked or amazed.


After 8 months of nurturing a soul inside my body (my baby was premature and I suffered preeclampsia on the 7th month of pregnancy), I finally saw my child. It was painful on the first strike of labor (which lasted for 2 days) but when he was finally out, I felt so much joy and gratitude that we both survived. 


My husband was not around when I gave birth. He needed to work overseas on the second month of conception in order to give us a better future. Though he is not with us physically, he always checked on us whenever he had the time. 


I wondered where I got my strength in taking care of my baby full time, without having a reliever or household help. Maybe mothers like me naturally have this skill in managing time and joggling duties without compromising the attention and care for her children. Thanks to the experiences I had in taking care of children at a young age.



second trimester


September 17, 2010


Mye Jerico 





4 Months Old 


Happy Baby


0 comments:

Post a Comment