Working complexities

, , No Comments
Working online never crossed my mind while I was in college. After graduation I enrolled in a Postgraduate School far from home. My mindset is to establish a teaching career for the rest of my life. But, that was then. I was able to teach high school and college students. I also managed to handle one-on-one tutorials for aspiring honor students of elementary schools near our place. But at some point, I started thinking of trying out different fields. I practiced my finished course in college. As a business management graduate, I handled bookkeeping, accounting, marketing and management tasks and jobs. I found myself applying for customer service positions in big BPO companies in Manila. My struggles to fit in made me stronger to adjust in all types of working environment or setting. But time and health issues made me quit though those jobs gave me better living capacity. I have to leave two of the best companies I worked for and gave me an opportunity to learn new skills and compensated all my efforts.
After more than 4 years of being unemployed and taking care of my only child, I decided to try freelancing. Though I heard a lot of negative feedback, I still pursued the track of becoming an online entrepreneur. I tried my best to learn new skills and tricks of the trade. I joined groups who continuously encourages and assists fellow budding and veteran freelancers. I attend seminar and workshops to hone my skills even more. I asked questions and tried to fill in my hungry soul for knowledge.

There is no definite formula in making it big in this business as I go through everything. I just follow some tips given by my fellow virtual entrepreneurs. Focus, eagerness and risk management are some of the key things I learned to develop over time. I’m glad that after all this years, I was able to master the art of getting the positive side of everything that happens, especially the failures that keep crossing my path. I fully understand now that more pitfalls are available than glory. It may not be pleasant at first because of the frustrations but as I go along, I feel the wonder of a single triumph over thousands of obstacles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment