Family Time

, , No Comments
We seldom go out and bond as a group. My siblings and I live in different locations. Having our own families and priorities made it difficult to schedule meet ups. Fortunately last Friday, our kids got a chance to go out, dine together and celebrate my nephew's birthday. It was so fun because their lolo and lola joined their grandchildren. Since it was Jaja's birthday, he requested to dine at Jollibee (a local fast food chain popular to kids here in the Philippines). The usual kiddie meal was ordered for the 3 young ones, chicken bucket meal and burger steak for the older ones.



While eating, we talk about adventures and escapades that we just had. My nieces, nephews and son seemed to enjoy the moment and requested another stop to a coffe shop near the area. My father and mother agreed to go to "The Beanery" and have coffee (with snacks of course).



A one-hour dinner plan turned out to be a four-hour eating spree. Before going home, we set to repeat the bond next month for my mother's birthday in a different restaurant. Happiness filled our hearts as we went home. We even enjoyed the walk from the town plaza to our house which took us 10 minutes. It was almost midnight and we are the only ones crossing the road. The air was cold and breezy, our laughter blended with the atmosphere. Never felt good for a long time and been very thankful that I spent time with my family even for a few hours.

After that, went back to reality and rushed to my laptop, logged in and worked to complete my tasks for the week. Time well-spent indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment